GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Thursday, August 31

Working from home.....

So this morning I woke to stage three of the dizziness cycle. (For Clarification: Stage one is dizzy spell, stage two is nausea and stage three is the shakiness). Now depending on the severity of these stages depends on the severity of the dizzy spell. Last night's dizzy spell was pretty bad. So when I woke this morning the shaking was pretty bad too. I was a little worried about trying to walk the 15 minutes to catch the bus so I called in sick to work. Not that that stopped the calls to me. It really didn't bother me; as a matter of fact, it made me feel needed. I finally gave up trying to sleep when I realized I wouldn't fall back asleep. The cicadas outside my window are really loud. I figured if I had to be home I might as well work while I could. Thank heavens I brought home my laptop.

Between my laptop and my cell phone I can do almost everything I need to. I have never worked from home before so this is a new experience for me. I now realize the joy of working in my PJ's. There is just something about knowing that you don't have to shower and get dressed that makes the day nicer. No makeup or even a bra if you don't want! You can crank your music as loud as you want and eat when ever you feel like it. I have spent the afternoon finishing all of my projects. It is really nice.

So here it is 3:20 pm and the shakiness is almost completely gone, down to just a slight jittery feeling. I can't tell you how good that feels to me. I think I might even go for a walk.

(Kristin if you are reading this, I promise it will be a short one and if I get weak I will call for a ride. I promise!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange, I've been getting those dizzy spells too. They started about a year ago for me...

Anyway, they only seem to happen in retaurants or other loud crowded places anymore.

I found your blog by doing a google search "dizzy spell restaurant".

I hope they figure out what it is... My doctor pretty much wants me to go to a neurologist now too. He can't find anything wrong with me physically. (examination + blood work)

What fun...

Good luck Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Just looking at other links from the search, other people with similar symptoms, maybe a ear, nose and throat Doctor might be more fitting before the Neurologist.

This girl Angela was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease.

Seems like there is a support site related to it too which has people's stories about it. http://www.menieres.org/

Anyway, hope this helps. I guess I'm going to see a ENT instead.
-Jamin