GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Monday, November 27

Home for the holidays

I spent most of this weekend tired. Someday I hope to get over this dragging feeling of fatigue but that is not today.

Thursday was nice; it was a quiet and enjoyable Thanksgiving with Amber. She crashed at my place Wednesday night and we were up early (okay 9ish is kind of early right?) to watch the Macey’s Day Parade. It was fun to just laze around in my pj’s and watch the floats and commentators. I even learned a few thanksgiving facts. Dinner was easy…. Amber made her homemade vegetable and chicken soup. No, it’s not traditional Thanksgiving Day fare, but man was it yummy. I know I’m not a cook but I did make pumpkin pie as a nod to the holiday. Might not have been the greatest pie ever but it wasn’t inedible. Boo was even kind enough to eat a piece. Lol!

Friday was spent in bed. Not as much fun as it sounds, when all I did was sleep with short bouts of reading in between.

Saturday was definitely a “Rachel Day”. I find it funny how easy I am. Amber and I headed into The District to take a tour through the National Spy Museum. Unfortunately, tickets were sold out until 2pm. So after purchasing our tickets for the 2 o’clock tour we decided to visit the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery; there was an exhibit on Josephine Baker that I was excited to see and Amber kindly indulged me. I am a loner when it comes to museums; I like to walk by myself slowly and I love to read the things that are posted. I loved the Portrait gallery; we spent hours in there. I got to see many of the exhibits. There was a fascinating one on the American faces of today and I enjoyed the Walt Whitman paintings. Especially the one where he seems to be laughing, not laughing at you but more laughing at something he has found in his head. Anyway, I finished off with Ms. Josephine Baker who was an amazing woman. After a quick bite and Amber’s favorite lunch spot, Potbelly’s, we headed over to take on our new identities at the Spy museum. As Greta and Angelina we learned…well many things, among them I would make a horrible spy. Lol! Amber is definitely Bond Girl material though. By the time we headed out of the district I was dragging, poor Amber let me crash for a bit at her place before we headed out to meet up with Nic for our last activity for the day. We closed our day with singing and dancing penguins on a giant screen. Yup, you guessed it. It was a showing of Happy Feet on the IMAX out at the Air and Space Museum. A movie that I enjoyed so much I will probably be seeing it again. And maybe I will even own it. (I have a secret love for musicals and for cartoons….put the two together and I am sunk. Lol!) Unfortunately, by the end of the movie I was wiped. Nic drove me home and I couldn’t even stay awake to read. And that is a good thing. Hopefully I have caught up on the sleep I need to get me through the week. It is going to be a doozy! I hope everyone else had an enjoyable Holiday Weekend!

1 comment:

Boo said...

Excellent post! Thanks again for hanging out with me this weekend. Its nice to have family away from family. :)