GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Tuesday, September 27

So as I have been reading the various posts on other blogs, thoughts have come to mind that I really do not want to burden anyone with. Have you ever wondered if the people who surround you are just humoring you. I know my level of intelligence does not equal that of my friends, therefore I have become afraid of expressing my thoughts. This makes me sound like I am in the middle of a pity party and really I am not. I have a decent brain, but have surrounded myself with brilliant people. When I say brilliant I mean brilliant. I enjoy their company as it makes me look at things in a whole new light. For the most part, things are looked at from a logical point of view. Which is very different from the atmosphere in which I was raised. Not to say my family is illogical. Just that it is very emotional. While having such friends is wonderful in one sense(i.e. I get to enjoy the discussions and topics that are brought up) it seems also to be detrimental to my mental health. :) I fear adding comments. I know I am not as well read as some or retain facts as well as others. I am not versed in the great authors of history, or caught up in the fine arts of any time period. Does this make my thoughts any less valuable. Now my head tells me a resounding NO!!!! I can hear all of my Sunday School(religious) teachers saying: My thoughts are just as valuable as any other, they are a form of personal expression...... everyone is entitled to their own opinion....blah...blah...blah.... There is this part of me that fears to express myself because It just might make me look stupid. Isn't that a quote somewhere? It is better to keep silent and look stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Now I will have to go and find the quote that I just slaughtered. Thank heavens for the internet. I shall google it today.

No comments: