GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Friday, May 12

Rainy Thursday

Yesterday it rained. It was gray and gross and everyone was whining. But I loved it. I love the seasons. I love when they change, but when it rains something happens to the air. I think I would love t0 live in the rain forest someday. It was sprinkling off and on all day but no real heavy showers. I got home and was sitting in my bay window when the real storm came. The sky opened up and it came down in buckets. Huge drops soaking into the ground. I couldn’t help it; I went outside and just stood in it. Letting the rain soak into my hair and run down my face. I tilted my head back and let the rain wash away all the stress of the past week. I looked around and realized that the puddles in the area were going to be amazing. Already I could see one or two that were begging to be jumped in. But I couldn’t do it by myself. I was too self-conscious of who could be watching the crazy woman playing in the rain all by herself. I immediately wished for my boys to come and play. But they are too old and too far away now for such simple joys as puddle jumping. As I stood in the rain yesterday, I remembered rains of the past. Paul and James and I out in the street in Utah, the amazement that would sweep over their face as they would splash through the puddles that came half way up their calves. Later it was Lukas and I in the parking lot of the Church down the street. The joys of us splashing and playing until we were soaked. These play times were always followed with a bath or shower (depending on the age of those playing) and warm clothes. I miss my boys. Not that it would be the same, even if they had been here. They have grown up now. The little boys that I used to spend hours with, making red and green popcorn, playing hide and seek, running around playgrounds, no longer exist. Lukas is 9, James is 13, and Paul is 14. They are too old to do silly things like that. But I miss the moments.

No comments: