GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Friday, June 30

Grr....

Three times in one day, I must be in a talkative mood.......

I read something today and got my feelings hurt. Now I know I am being a girl and the remark was not directed at me but still it hurt my feeling.

A friend of mine stated that most girls tend to "fan out to hunt for different prey.." once their guy friends start relationships. This saddened me as I would never want my relationships to be viewed this way. If I based all of my friendships on the possibility of matrimony I would be not only an old maid but a lonely unhappy one.

He was unhappy with the prospect that most women tend to disappear… and I happen to agree with this, especially when men get married. I want to state though that most new couples fade out of our singles scene for the first year of marriage. I do not know if this is a conscious choice or not. I call this settling into married life. There is the Honeymoon period, the period where they realize life is not a honeymoon, and then the stage where they learn to handle the rest of life (I believe this one actually never ends). Other friends are not involved in these stages. Singletons recognize this and usually prep themselves for the separation. If we are lucky, after about a year, we will be able to have some sort of friendship when the couple wakes up to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, more often than not, the separation is permanent. This is sad to us, we tuck our fond memories away to be brought out in later years when the urge “to call them like we used to” comes.

And now I will step down from my soap box. That’s All.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I know someone you know who disappeared on me twice: once when he got married, and once when I got married.

NowHisMrs

Anonymous said...

In case you don't readily see it, I left another comment on your blog entry about flirting.

NowHisMrs