GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Wednesday, January 25

Cookies... A Worthy Substitute.

        I added a streak to my hair last fall. For the first time in my life I didn't have a job that said I couldn't and I have always wanted to. So why not? I started with a green streak that looked awesome.  This semester I decided to change it up. Tonight was the night to make that change! But the appointment had to reschedule. Therefore, I am stuck doing homework... Cultural Astronomy. UGH! 


      Since I was stuck here I wanted a dessert. But I was craving something really really good. I wanted Gourmandise.  The greatest European bakery in Salt Lake. Their desserts are to die for! But they are all the way in SLC and that is not an option for tonight. 


      So, what does that leave me? Raw cookie dough, the safe kind (i.e. no eggs). While it isn't Gourmandise, it isn't bad for a small treat on a night at home. I am adding the recipe here so I can find it when I need it again. I have a habit of eating chocolate chip cookie dough with out the chocolate chips. I got the recipe from Food.com and it can be found here.


                    Ingredients 
  • 1/4 c. Butter (room temperature)
  • 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 c. Granulated Sugar
  • 1/8 c. Milk (or just a touch more, depending on the texture you want)
  • 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 3/4 c. Flour
  • 1/8 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 c. Chocolate chips (though I don't add these)

                    Directions

  1. Cream Butter and Sugars together
  2. Blend in Milk and Vanilla
  3. Add Flour and Salt and mix well
  4. Stir in Chocolate Chips

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gourmandise is my favorite bakery in the USA! That cookie dough sound pretty good, either. Thank you for sharing the recipe!