GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Monday, February 25

I am boring....

Other then playing with Patience on Saturday afternoon, I had a very boring weekend. So to entertain the masses I found this one at Nichtszusagen.

Monday Morning Meme

1. Grab the nearest book of 123 pages or more.
2. Open it to page 123.

3. Find the first 5 sentences and write them down.

4. Then invite 5 friends to do the same.


The current book sitting on my desk was purchased this weekend at my favorite bookstore ever.

The title is
Miracle at Belleau Wood The Birth of the Modern U.S. Marine Corps by Alan Axelrod.

Page 123, first 5 complete sentences:

While Hamilton and his men took, then overshot their objective, back below Hill 142 Julius Turrill observed the fourth wave of his two companies approach the perimeter of the first woods at the end of the wheat field. Just then - minutes past four in the morning - he was approached by Lieutenant Gilfillan, whose platoon was at the forefront of the units that had been stalled at Les Mares Farm. The rest of Turrill's battalion was beginning to come on line, he announced.
As he watched the fourth wave melt into the woods, Turrill wasted no time. He began sending the incoming reinforcements - who should have been part of the original attack - to the edge of the first woods.
Fascinating...I know!

I tag:
Jeremy
Boo/Steph
Kate
Cyn
Meg

1 comment:

Jeremymlad said...

Borrowed from the library, the book nearest me is Delta Style by Delta Burke.

Whatever it was, it would have to compete with the Pepto-Bismol hot-pink walls of our apartment. When Mac and I first lived together, my motto was, paint it pink and stick it in the living room. Whether it was an art deco footstool or a store mannequin we proclaimed "artistic," we painted it pink and stuck it in the living room. I still like pink. My New Orleans living room has fabrics in pink and red.