Having acknowledged these things about myself, I tried not to freak out to much as this semester started. But I am realizing that I might be in over my head. It is not uncommon for me to take a 16-credit hour class load while working full time. Unfortunately, I have moved beyond the basic courses and am now taking all upper division classes. As a Public History major with minors in English Literature and French my classes are full of copious amounts of reading and writing assignments. You wouldn't think I would be struggling, I live to read and love to research. Yet, with the courses I am taking I don't have enough time to complete the assignments. books go unfinished, paper deadlines are missed and some homework gets skipped entirely.
I have been thinking about this alot and I think I have decided to drop my French minor.
*gasp* *shock* *deep breath*
Okay, I have talked to many of you about this already today and have gathered the following advice:
- My life as a student should have no regrets
- It isn't bad to do something just because I want to
- Life should be guided by a couple of things: the Holy Ghost, logic, dreams, and finances
- A 'W' on a transcript is okay....just don't go overboard
- Dropping the French Minor would be okay.... even though my OCD is saying FAIL FAIL FAIL
- Completing only 1 minor with higher grades is better then multiple minors with low grades
- I am still gonna read Harry Potter in French.... I even got the books online. ;)