GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Tuesday, December 26

Home Again

I am Home!! I was glad to have my time with my friends and family. But I am glad to be home! Sunday Morning was a rush, between sick kids, church, and the rush to make the Hinkson Christmas Eve dinner. Dinner was a true Hinkson affair. We barely fit in the dining room. There had to be two separate tables. There was lots of laughter and just a touch of food throwing (but only the rolls I promise, I don’t throw the messy stuff!). From there we went to the living room for gifts. Yet again there was the realization that we just don’t fit any more. Gifts were fun, the new babies made out like bandits as was expected, and the chatter was almost overwhelming. As the night drew to a close, the babies got tired. One of my favorite moments was watching my big brother fall asleep while he rocked his daughter. There were tender moments all around. Those that were staying at the house then stayed up till 1:30 playing Killer Bunnies (a card game of sorts).

Christmas Morning didn’t even start until 9 am, luckily for us…..but then it lasted till almost 2 pm. I have many favorite gifts…but I think the digital camera is one that will find the most use in the next little while. I am still learning but hopefully soon I will be posting my own pics here.

Our Christmas movie was Eragon. I won’t say much other then I can see the influence of Robert Jordan and J. R. R. Tolkien in Chris Paolini’s stories. It was enjoyable for what it was, even if they took liberties with a few of the story lines.

Now I am back into the thick of things. Apartment hunting and working (hopefully I still have my job at B & N Lol!). Only 5 days left of December….are you ready for 2007?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made the best decision. Many of us were concerned when you decided to live with the fake blonde evil. I heard she has several personalities and sadly, her close friends don't see the dark side of her. Good luck finding the better home with better roomates!

Rae said...

Thanks for the support...but who are you?