GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Saturday, March 24

The Hockey Game!

So I have 30 minutes before I am supposed to head out to dinner with the gang, I thought I would take the time to blog a bit. It has been a whole week. I wanted to write about my sister’s visit. I wish I could say that it was nothing but fun, unfortunately I ended up sick as a dog. Tiana spent Sat and Sun entertaining herself. I know, what kind of hostess am I? Kate came by on Sat and took T to dinner and I don’t think I have ever been more grateful. They ended up going to 5 Guys, which I love, but there is no way I could have handled either the smell or the actual food. I was stuck to an applesauce, water and ginger ale diet for the weekend. :(

But for the fun part, and we did have fun, I actually took pictures. T arrived in the middle of the night on Thursday. We crashed and I headed into work Friday morning. There was a lot for me to do and I couldn’t afford to take the whole day off. This, actually, worked out well because T wanted to take in a session at the temple. We met up around 3 pm and headed back to my house to change to play clothes. We had tickets to watch the Washington Capital’s take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. We metro’d in and I got some fun pictures with the rain. I really love playing with my camera (even if no one else likes the way the pics turn out Lol!).
Our tickets were in the nose bleed section. Of course, what can you expect when you only pay 10 bucks a ticket? I spent time in that section learning the art of self-portraiture and taking pictures of the tiny men racing around the ice.

See we finally got a good one!

As you can see, even with a zoom lens we were pretty far away.

After the 2nd period T and I decided to walk for a bit. By the start of the 3rd period we were comfortable ensconced in the cushy chairs on the first level. As you can see the view was much better. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a really good picture of Steph’s favorite boy, but I got some fab ones of our Goalie!

There was almost a fight...but the refs waded in and broke things up before it got to far...So sad. I was looking for someone heading to the box for 5 minutes. I'll just have to be satisfied with a win. Lol!

The little girl in front of us was in love with my camera and the chance to look at her self on camera so I took a few shots to keep her occupied. I was going to offer to send them to her parents but I didn’t want them to freak out…who takes pictures of other people’s kids? Though…she is a doll isn’t she? Some people’s children…just adorable!

It was already dark out so we headed home. We must be getting old as we didn’t want to go play in the district. We headed back to my place and spent the rest of the evening playing the old school Super Mario Brothers (yes, on the original machine) and talking on the phone to various important people in our lives.
All in all it was a good night!

Next post will of course skip ahead to Sunday. We took some great pics….I can’t wait to share.

1 comment:

Boo said...

Like I said last night I love that photo of you and Tiana! It is really a good picture of you. If there is any way you could crop it I would frame it.
Anyway, hope you got some rest last night.