GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Thursday, June 12

BTT #4 & 5

btt button

#4 Have your book-tastes changed over the years?
More fiction? Less? Books that are darker and more serious? Lighter and more frivolous? Challenging? Easy? How-to books over novels? Mysteries over Romance?

My tastes haven't really changes over the years, but they have expanded. I still love the books I read as a kid. The Anne of Green Gables series has a special place in my heart and on my book shelves as do the Non fiction WWII books that I read. But over the years I have learned to read all the other types of books that are out there.

btt button

A combo of two suggestions by: Heidi and by litlove

#5 Have you ever been a member of a book club? How did your group choose (ot, if you haven’t been, what do you think is the best way to choose) the next book and who would lead discussion?

Do you feel more or less likely to appreciate books if you are obliged to read them for book groups rather than choosing them of your own free will? Does knowing they are going to be read as part of a group affect the reading experience?

I have been a member of quite a few book clubs. All have worked a bit differently; a couple chose books by democratic vote, a few had a specific person designated to pick the next novel, and some the members took turns picking the book. I really hate being forced to read a book. I hate when someone tells me that I will love something. I guess it is my contrary nature, but usually my first thought is "You have no idea what I think or feel so how would you know what type of book I would like". Lol! I really can be a jerk sometimes. Knowing there is a group reading it with me adds pressure which I don't like. But I love having other people to discuss the book with. So I continue to be a part of book clubs. I am currently a part of 4 different groups so I just pick the books I want to read and ignore the rest. Lol!

No comments: