GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Thursday, October 9

BTT #18

btt button

I’ve seen this series of questions floating around the ‘net the last few days, and thought it looked like a good one for us!

What was the last book you bought?
The WARDen's Black Dagger Brotherhood Insider's Guide

Name a book you have read MORE than once.
Too many to count......I love to re-read some of my favorites. Recently, I worked my way through Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series...

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
Well there is always the Scriptures....I would say they fundamentally change my life. But that sounds like a cheesy answer. I also really loved The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, there were some very important reminders in that book that I try to implement in my life.

How do you choose a book?
(eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews)

It depends on my mood....I might just pick up something that sounds interesting on the back cover. Others I get by referrals from friends. I don't usually go by cover design....some of my favorite books have lame covers. And I steer clear of the reviews.....I prefer to make my own assessment.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
All of the above.

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
I like there to be plot. I can put up with some crappy writing if the plot has been engaging.

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
Anne Shirley from the Anne of Green Gable Series, hands down! She has been my favorite character since I was 12.

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
Currently,
I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert (he makes me laugh)
and
The Outlandish Companion by Diana Gabaldon (it has so much fascinating information)

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
Today I continued reading The WARDen's Black Dagger Brotherhood Insider's Guide (I am on page 417......I will finish tonight on the metro ride home. wahoo!!)

Last book I finished was A Stroke of Midnight by Laurall K. Hamilton which I finished on Monday.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
Not that I can think of. I usually try to force myself to finish them. Though I know there are those that got interrupted and I haven't gotten back to them yet. And I emphasize the word YET!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I adore Anne Shirley! I wanted to be her for the longest time. Who am I kidding? I still want to be her!

Jessica said...

So, I decided to answer the questions too. what can i say? you inspired me. :)