GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Sunday, October 8

I'm A Big Kid Now!

It is just about 1 am here. I am awake. This might be because I slept most of today, If Erin and I hadn’t had tickets to Toby Keith I am not sure I would have even gotten up. Which considering I am up at 1 am could have been a good thing. But that is another story entirely. The concert was good, I liked most of the songs, but realize as open minded as I think I am, I am really a prude when it comes to certain things. We met some nice people, some not so nice people, and one creepy older gentleman whose staring gave both of us the heebie jeebies.

Tonight I am blogging because I am missing my family; specifically my younger brother Paul.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULIWOG!

Paul is the 1st half brother born to my mother and step father. I now have 3 half brother and 3 half sisters from both of my parent’s second marriages. Today I was trying to figure out Paul’s age; I couldn’t remember the year he was born so I had to think back to how old I was when he was born. He was born in the first year of my mother’s second marriage. I turned 12 the June after my mother married and Paul was born 4 months later in October.

Therefore he is 15 years old today.

There are only a few things I remember from when he was born. Someone standing in the Kitchen of the house in Provo, talking on the phone with Kent just after Paul was born to tell us his stats and what they had decided to name him (Was it Gretchen on the phone? Tiana? Ralph? Someone help me out, I can’t seem to remember?).Mom was in that tiny hospital room. And a month or so later all of us in white going to the temple to see Paul sealed to Mom and Kent. I wish I could remember more.

Paul is a nice mix of our two families. He has the famous temper that Ian and I share but he keeps it locked down tight; which is pretty impressive for a kid his age. He loves to read; as a matter of fact I try to send him a new book every birthday and Christmas (sorry this time it is late but I don’t know what series you are on now.) He has a wicked sense of humor that comes out at the oddest moments. He has the Hinkson build which is great for runners and he loves the computer. He can be really thoughtful and sweet. He has been playing the frech horn for 2 years now (he plays the theme song to Star Wars and Indiana Jones!!) He is also taking French classes (like me and Tallie instead of Spanish like the other 9 siblings in our family) He is an amazing kid; though I guess technically he is a young man now. I miss being able to see him all the time, knowing how his classes at school and church.

So this one is for you Paul! I miss you kid! I Love you! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!!

Love your Big Sister

Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I also took French all in Junior High and High School....it wasn't until I was called on a mission spanish speaking that the french left my brain....so poop on that idea of lumping me together with the rest of the crew. :) Paul was born in October and Mom and Dad were sealed on April 17th. So it was 6 months after his birth. I don't remember the day he was born like you do. I wish I had my journals here and I would go back and look it up. To bad they are at home in Utah...sheesh. I should bring those back out with me.
Anyway, sure do love ya Rachel!
Tiana

Does Paul know that you dedicated a whole blog to him? I think you should tell him.

Rae said...

Lol! 1 or 2 or 6 months later....I couldn't figure out where the temple fit in. Was it really April? Did we move after Paul was born? or was it after James? How am I suposed to kep al of this straight. There is too much! Lol!

And Yes, I told Paul that I had "blogged him" Then sent him the link.

Love you too T!