GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Wednesday, October 25

Out of Focus...

I am supposed to be working....How do normal people do this?

Here I sit in my office; I have a pretty nice office if I do say so myself. It is rather spacious, with two desks, though I am in here all alone. There is no window, yes sad I know but I have a great corkboard that I have had a lot of fun pinning various things to. Focus….

So here I sit in my office. I have lots of work to do. We are finally allowed to start recruiting again and HR is all abuzz with recruitment efforts. I love this part of my job. There is a hole to be filled and it is my job to find the person to fill it. It is an organizational thing, I have to read through resumes, co-ordinate interviews, gather and then report on all feedback; all to find the one personal with the right personality, skills and experience to fill the position that we need filled. Focus….

Again….. Here I sit in my office, with lots of work to do, and ready to work. I even turned on my iTunes to set the work phase. I have the most eclectic taste. My music will play Il Divo one moment and then Missy Elliot the next. I have Show tunes, Otis Redding and Monsters of Rock (80’s) which can be followed by Death Cab For Cutie, Radio Disney or Michael McLean. I love to put my music on random and see what comes up. It makes no sense, I know but it is the way I am. I like too many different things to be locked into one category. Focus….

Now Again……Here I sit in my office, ready to work, with lots of work to do, and the inability to focus on my responsibilities. I seem to do this often, Am I always like this? I don’t honestly know. I thought I was good at focusing. I can be single minded when reading a book and not even notice what is around me. But here I don’t focus well; there are always things that get in my way. This is driving me nuts!

Here is a quick glimpse:
Today is Wednesday…Wednesday…..Yoga Class…..I forgot my yoga clothes…..maybe I will not take the next set of yoga classes….what if I asked Kate to walk the National Mall with me after work. We could go in the evenings after work…we could even meet on The Mall to save us time……Print Job Descriptions……I hate the way that is worded if we change this just a touch….That sounds better I should get the okay here in a minute and then it can be posted……Good Song……New recruiting website to look at….I wonder if the cork board is up so I can post flyers in the basement kitchen…………Hmmm….I might be getting hungry….good thing I brought lunch…I am glad I cooked last night…….I wonder if Nessa could mail me the bridesmaid dress so I can try it with the shoes…maybe I need to have it fitted…Oh crap I have to find out if I need a liner for the shirt…email Nessa on list of things to do!.....

Etc…Etc….Etc….It never ends….Maybe now that I have gotten all the garbage out of my brain I will be able to focus.

Wish me luck….

....Did you know that to walk around the National Mall is 3 miles? Yeah for walking...I love to walk... Arrgghhh FOCUS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would definetly walk the Mall with you after work. To bad I live in BV!