GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Monday, October 2

Nothing really to say today......

I felt the need to blog today, but had no idea what to write. So here I sit, at 11 pm on a Monday night, trying to figure that out. There were a few interesting things that happened today.

I was finally able to ship the company package to our employee that was called up. Frank is currently in Iraq. It is amazing to see people respond to the call for support. Last Monday the email went out that we were sending another package to Frank. Under great duress Frank had created a list of things that he and his buddies could use over there. Our employees were given the opportunity to contribute money or drop something by my office to be put in the package. By Thursday I had received almost 200 dollars. Items from the list have been dropped off daily in duplicate and triplicate. Today I shipped 3 boxes that all together weighed over 65 pounds. That didn’t include the items that we saved so we can send them to Frank for Thanksgiving. People want to help, they just don’t know how. Give them specific instructions and they will jump at the chance.

I also came to a realization about myself today. Not anything new or exciting, as a matter of fact people have been telling me this for years. I have been telling myself for years but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a shock when it hits me again. I am a very opinionated person. (Yes I know that made my family and close friends laugh, thanks for your support. Lol! :P ) I always view myself as someone who can let people make their own choices and tell me there opinions and not get upset. Recently I have found that I have a few nerves that can cause me to shout. I don’t think there are many, but pick just one of my hot topics and I can lecture for hours, usually in a loud voice, about how I am right. I do not believe that is a good way to act, I should be able to be calm. I am (*gasp*) like my mother in this way, the warrior for the underdog. Each one of my “nerves” involves innocent bystanders. The hottest ones are when the choices of one person, either directly or indirectly, affect the lives of others in a negative way; especially when the innocent is a child. It seems to be knee-jerk reaction, one I will now spend a considerable amount of time trying to control. At least I will try to get it down to a level where I am not shouting any more. It gets rather embarrassing when I get all hot about a topic in a restaurant and half the people there are listening to me rant and looking at me like I am nuts. It’s just another step on the ladder of making Rae a normal person. Lol! I hope everyone had a good Monday!

No comments: