GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Sunday, October 15

Sunday Pot Luck

I know I said I would be taking a break but I am feeling the need to write. Who knows why but this is what you are stuck with.

It is Sunday. I am at Nick’s house tonight, at least for the next couple of hours or so. This seems to be a weekly occurrence. My friends love football, they love food and they love when we put these things together. As it is football season, we gather every Sunday at one house or another for football, food, and games. Sometimes I even offer my home.

Personally, I am not a fan of football. I am usually a person that needs other people around. One of my favorite things to do is go with my friends and sit in the background reading a book or typing on my computer as I am today. I figure it is part of nurture not nature. I grew up in a family that more often then not is loud and obnoxious, with children running everywhere, lots of laughter and lots of food. Of course there are also moments where we are all occupied with our own things. We could each be found in a different room reading a book, playing computer, or just working quietly; each with the knowledge we weren’t alone. Maybe it is different for my siblings but I realize that I do not do well all alone. I need the knowledge that there are others around even if I am not interacting with them. Then should I want to actually talk to someone or join in a conversation I can, but I am not required to (except when Steph forces me to but that only happens when I am too antisocial for too long)

Hence, I like football season even if I don’t know anything about football and have no desire to learn anything about it.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I forgot about those sunday night dinners. sounds like fun, even though I share your dislike for the game (although I know all the rules unfortunately).