GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Sunday, October 22

My big Sister

I have an amazing sister. I am not going to share any details of my week. It has been an emotional one for my family and the experiences are not mine to share. I would like to share something I have learned though.

I have an amazing big sister. T is just over a year older then I am; we grew up together. We lived together. We were raised by the same parents. We went to the same church and schools. We were taught the same gospel principles. We are completely different people. Neither of us are bad people, as a matter of fact, I think we are both pretty good people. I am constantly amazed by my big sister. This week she has taught me the meaning of love. I am not talking the romantic love. Romantic love has many faces and I have even seen some of them. But this week I have watched my sister, in the midst of her grief, think of others. She has comforted and worried over everyone, even those that most people are not as considerate of. I have listened to her answer various tactless questions with patience and kindness. I have watched her interact with people who treated her with much less respect and kindness then she deserved. She never allowed it to effect her, she never once let others idiocy change her treatment of them. There was always understanding and caring. At least that is the face she presented to me and the world, even though I know that some of the comments were very hurtful. Not one person there could ever doubted her kind heart or genuine love for each person.

Again, I have an amazing big sister.

Love you Sis!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Rae, I was wondering about you this morning. I hope all is well. Talk to you soon, sherp

Anonymous said...

I sure do think you are wonderful too! Thanks for the blog....I feel special to be included in your blog world. Wow! :)
Lots of T lovin comin your way!