GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Tuesday, October 11

So much has happened that I don't know where to begin.

When I moved into the "Big Bad City" I made a goal to never pass up the opportunity to try something new. Well this weekends "new thing" was White Water Rafting. I had gone with a church group when I was 14 or 15 but the memory is dim but I remember swimming a whole lot. So This was a first as in one I would remember and one I had to actually work on. This was not some wimpy guided rafting trip where you sit in the middle of the boat and get chauffeured around. No this river had 6 Class 5+ rapids, one being a falls with a 12 foot drop, which our guide kindly put me in the front of the raft for!! :0

I loved it. I have never had such an adrenaline rush in my life. After a night of camping in the rain and a cold and muggy morning I was sure I was going to hate the whole trip. But no. I had a blast. I would go again in a heart beat. I can't describe how fun it is to roller coaster over the smaller rapids or paddle your butt off and push through one of the huge ones. Then to turn and look behind you and see what you accomplished, the feeling is amazing. I loved getting dumped out of the boat for the most part. I ended up in the water 8 times. 5 were involuntary on my part and only the last one scared me. I ended up trapped under the boat, it was less then a minute but enough time to worry. Twice I jumped ship and swam down the rapids on my own; just little ones though. And the last time out of the boat I got the opportunity to go cliff jumping off a 15 foot cliff.
I can honestly say I would love to do this again. Maybe not to soon as it is cold out side but again in the future would be nice. :)

No comments: