GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Wednesday, February 15

approaching the end......

The best feeling in the world is normal. At least that is what I am thinking tonight. I am recognizing that I am finally approaching the end of this self induced pity party that I have been on. Lol! Would you like to know how I know......I know you are just dying to understand. It is eating away at you. How does this chick figure out that her self induced depression is finally lifting? Yeah I can read your thoughts....maybe I am projecting...ya think. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. So how do I know? I cleaned my room. And when I say cleaned...it means you can see the floor again. It is too late to start the organization that still needs to be done (I have a box in the closet that hasn't been unpacked from the move last Aug. Lol!) but I finally started to get back to a semblance of normal. The bed is finally made with the sheets and blankets tucked in with hospital corners. The laundry that has been sitting on the floor is hanging nicely in the closet. Over the last few weeks only some of it got folded and piled on the floor…the rest was just piled out of the dryer…how do I live like that? The books I have bought over the last 6 weeks were added to the bookshelf or I should say they were added to the makeshift shelf on the floor as the actual shelf is over flowing. Lol! I walked home from the metro station today and enjoyed it. I loved the blue sky, the snow that has started melting, the runoff that is flowing down the driveways, I could go on. I skipped Institute tonight but have been listening to music and just being happy, whether I was cleaning or singing, or the 50 other things I did around the house tonight. It is a nice feeling. It will be a few more days before the funk completely wears off……but I am almost there.
And to add to the good mood of the evening my good friend Boo just called to invite me to see the Chinese New Year Show at The National Theatre. I am excited.

A very different emotion from the one I was experiencing at the last post……..what does that say about me…maybe it is not normal that is so mood lifting but Clean? Food for thought.

No comments: