GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Monday, February 27

The Girl Scouts....

The time of year has come....Girl Scouts scour the land for every gullible person in existence. Every soul who is a sucker for a small girl with big eyes and those horrible uniforms. Mothers….fathers…..grandmothers….co-workers….school teachers…we are suckers. We buy year after year. The Samoas, the Thin Mints, the Tagalongs, The Treefoils, and the Lemon whatever’s….the list goes on. Buy 3…6…9…15 boxes, they go in the freezer or out on a tray and tempt us. It is not that they aren’t any good. As a matter of fact one co-worker today has decided that the Girl Scout cookies must be laced with Crack or some other addictive substance. Otherwise, why do we eat them? A boxful at the time?

So the trial of my will power has come. I have purchased my own boxes, they are stored under my desk to be carefully transported home and frozen. These will be brought out for celebrations of various things…or those really bad days that you just need a cookie. But another co-worker of mine to be nice has set out a box of my favorite cookies (the Somoas) at the front desk.

For those that don’t actually know me; I work Front Office/HR for a computer company. Half of the week I sit at the front desk, our company stocks a candy jar and a gumball jar for our front desk. These do not tempt me. I can withstand all of the chocolate and sugar gumballs. But these cookies….chocolate, coconut, caramel, what can I say……I am not sure I can hold out. I have had my limit. 2! No more! No less! Now I just have to get through the next hour.

We’ll see ;)

2 comments:

Gwen Lafleur said...

Just make sure that no one tells you about the Edy's Slow Churned Light Girl Scout Cookies Samoa ice cream. You know, the one with half the fat? That makes you think you can eat even more if it because of that? Yeah, as long as you stay clear of that bad boy, you'll probably be fine :)

Rae said...

I am just learning that the ice cream even exists...Why...I could have lived happy in ignorance. But no, now I have the knowledge and the temptation is now greater. ;)