GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Friday, February 17

The Holiday Weekend starts

The weekend has officially started. Steph got us out of work 45 minutes early, which means I got a ride instead of the bus. This is always a two sided bonus. On the one hand I was home before 5. On the other I didn’t get to walk. When I can convince myself to take the bus I remember how much I like it. I love listening to music and walking. I don’t require the attention of any one else. And I like it that way. Today would have been a good day to walk, I have been pondering change.
The definition reads as follows:

To cause to be different: change the spelling of a word.

To give a completely different form or appearance to; transform: changed the yard into a garden.

To exchange for or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category: change one's name; a light that changes colors.

To lay aside, abandon, or leave for another; switch: change methods; change sides.

To transfer from (one conveyance) to another: change planes.

There are many others but these definitions are unsettling to my mind. I am recognizing the beginnings of change in my life. Over the last year lots has changed. But it was changes I was comfortable with. They were changes I either expected or ones that I was happy about. The changes that are happening now are ones that I have not prepared for. This is uncomfortable. Oddly enough I am the one of my friends always touting that we should try something new. Go new places, try new foods (BTW I tried Sushi for the first time on Thursday, not just the California rolls either, the real stuff, I didn’t hate it, I didn’t love it, I will have to have it again. Now back to what I was saying) I am always the instigator of these things.

Reality is that I only try new things when I am comfortable with my surroundings. I love where I am living currently, I love my group of friends, but I am sensing shifts in the currents upon which I exist. Not bad ones. As a matter of fact these shifts are great for those involved, they are fabulous things, but I am selfish, I was enjoying this phase of my life. And I am seeing a future where this phase is ending. I do not like that. There is no point in whining. Change is constant and never-ending. If I haven’t gotten used to it by now, I had better learn quick. Lol! I thought I had learned this lesson, apparently I was wrong. Lol!
Now I am going to go and enjoy my 3 day weekend….Hope you do the same….Travel Safe Sheila and the Professor.

No comments: