GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Sunday, January 29

Late nights

It's late. I had some cherry coke with our movie tonight. Not my brightest idea, add that to my hour nap this afternoon and I will probably be up for awhile. So I sit in the dark in my living room. We have a bay window there. I love it. It allows me to enjoy the world from the comfort of my couch, especially since we have yet to put up curtains. We'll get there some day. Lol! I like sitting without the lights on, it allows me to see the night. To feel the peace that is there. It is something unlike any other feeling. There is daytime peace and joy. As a matter of fact, I walked home today from the dreaded Saturday basketball games and loved every minute of it. There was so much beauty around me. This world really is a gorgeous creation. I wanted everyone to be as happy as I was at that very moment. It was the kind of happiness that comes every so often. It bubbles up inside for no reason; then there is no place for it to go. It always makes me want to skip or run or something childish like that. Not appropriate for and old 26 year old like me.

………But at night, it's a whole new feeling. It isn't happiness so much as comfort. The smells, sounds, and feel…..I can’t explain it. Have you ever just sat and enjoyed the night. It gets inside of you and just covers you with this blanket of calm. The only thing I can compare it to is sitting in the temple. You can sit and just feel. I love just sitting with a book or my headphones, just soaking in the calm of the night. You soak it in so that when daylight comes you can face the new day. Some people sleep others soak in the calm. Lol! (Relax Steph, Tomorrow is Sunday and I can sleep till 10 and still get a good 8 hours, I will sleep)

That wasn’t what I planned on talking about when I sat down tonight. But then I really had no idea what I wanted to write about so I guess it doesn’t matter.

People are treating me funny. I have been at church functions a couple of times this week. They don’t know what to say. Then they ask me how I am doing. Are the other girls okay? Is there anything I can do? Then the conversation dies. I don’t know what else to say but that people are walking on eggshells. There is no reason to. I am fine. There are others to worry about. It’s the “What do I say to you now that your friend died” phase. It’s not a phase they should be going through with me. I really wasn’t that great of friends with Aly. There are others that were much closer to her.

Fatigue is finally kicking in. I think I will go to bed now. The world is beautiful. I look forward to seeing it tomorrow. As Anne Shirley says, “Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet.”
Night!

No comments: