GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Wednesday, March 15

City Girl at Heart

So, I was pondering many things today. But as I walked the 30 minutes to my house after work I recognized my love for the city. I live in the ‘burbs. It's not as bad as it was last summer when walking any where was not even an option. Right now I am at least a 30 minute walk to anything. So I have decided that I am a city girl.

I love knowing that I can walk anywhere, I can go to the library or the grocery store, or the theatre with out having to rely on any one else. The access to the metro system any time of day, allowing me to get any where I want any time I want. [Kind of ;)] I miss that part where I live. I love coming home to a house with lighted windows...it is comforting in a way. But, I miss being independent. I hate feeling like I am abusing a relationship because I can never get to an activity on my own...(shut it....I know you don't care but I do!) I miss knowing that I can do anything I want with out having to push any one else to go with me.

I love the sights and sounds of the city. I love the people rushing everywhere, places to be, things to do, people to see. I love the zoos and the parks. I love the museums and the theatres. I love the shopping plazas and the restaurants. I love the city. I miss living in the city.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I don't care. :) But I do understand.