GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Monday, March 20

A nice note...

I had a good day today.....It was a little crazy busy. There was the sad news that my friend had to have surgery Sunday night (she just had her appendix out, she is already home resting). There were projects for work that came up last minute rearranging things for the rest of this week. Then there was the Hockey game. The ward went to see the Washington Caps vs Montreal. Gwen and Steph condescended to sit with us instead of paying for the good seats. So we were literally in the last row of the arena. Unfortunately the Caps lost yet again, but it was still enjoyable to be out with such a large group.

Even better though was what I came home to……you know sometimes parents do great things for their kids. Today was one of those days. I came home to a letter from my mother. Essentially she told me she was proud of me and that she loved me. Not something I hear frequently from her. I think she just assumes that I know these things. It was nice to hear. It is even nicer to know. I hope one day when I have kids, heaven forbid, I can remember how important those moments are. I hope I can remember to duplicate the great things my parents did for us when we were small. Hymns to lull us to sleep, green eggs and ham on St Patty’s day, Slurpee’s on Payday (it was a treat we could afford) . Of course these things lasted no longer then my parents’ marriage but they left memories with me and my siblings. Hopefully the good things can be carried on.

Now I am done being contemplative. I am going to take a test from blogthings. Maybe I will share the answer. What do you think? Wanna know what kind of kisser I am? Yeah me neither. ;) Lol!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

BS!!! What kind were you? Damn you! Share! :)