GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Friday, March 17

Snarky.....

Have you ever noticed that when you get your feelings hurt and immediately react you almost never say the things you want to say.....I snarked at a good friend today. Actually, I snarked at a good friend 10 minutes ago. And now it is bothering me. All over something silly. I got my feelings hurt by not being included. And then by some one making me feel silly over wanting to be included. One of my many faults is immediate reaction to being made to feel stupid or silly. It stems from my childhood and having too many people tell me that I wasn't ....something(smart, good, something)...enough. I work hard to control the instant angry reaction. Most people don't intend to treat you like you are being silly or stupid. I usually do pretty well, but sometimes I miss the step to angry reaction. When it happens usually I will pull out of any conversation because I know I will say something unkind it I continue to talk and there is no excuse for unkindness.

So now I have to apologize..and then explain. Which is really not worth the effort as it was silly to begin with. I am tired just thinking about it. Or maybe I am just tired. *sigh*

No comments: