GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Tuesday, May 15

All good things must come to an end.....

There was a time, before I was a missionary for my church, when my big sister and I decided to bond on Tuesday nights. We would sit down with junk food and tune in to Stars Hollow. There we would find Lorelai and Rory and all the folks of their world. Tonight marked the end of that era. Gilmore Girls has finished, such a sad day.

It has been an interesting phenomenon to me. Before the Gilmore’s arrived I did not have must see TV. I enjoy TV in all its glory, but most days it can become a hassle to fit in. Who has the time? But from the moment this show started I was hooked. I loved the sarcasm and the 80’s references, the family dysfunction and the small town feel. I especially loved the cast of characters. There are so many classic moments; I wouldn’t know where to begin.

I think Brian Orndorf said it best:

“Tuesday nights just won’t be the same without Luke’s wet blanket charm, Kirk’s buffet of impulse, Sookie’s irresistible spunk, Lane’s ubercool way of the drummer, Taylor’s megalomania, Paris's destructive social skills, Richard and Emily’s unrelenting WASPness, Rory’s plucky educational spirit, and Lorelai’s coffee-stained oneness with the sprawling and tranquil Stars Hollow universe. “Gilmore Girls” was classic comfort food television that, if there’s any justice in this world, will be cherished for years to come.”

So I guess this is goodbye. I will have to be content with the reruns on the ABC family channel. *sigh*

No comments: