GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Thursday, January 11

Change.....

Two years ago I told myself I was going to make a change. I moved to the east coast, I was going to be a new person. I was going to try all sorts of new things and never say no to an experience. I was no longer going to be the shy girl who worried about her family.

Then I woke up and realized that I was never going to be a “new person.” I can grow but I am still me on the inside. I am always going to worry and I am always going to be shy on the inside. Amazingly enough I have stuck to the resolution to try new things. I now enjoy things like hiking, camping, and rafting. I read different types of authors, I volunteer for committees. In short, I do things I would have never done back home, even if I had the opportunity.

The most obvious adventure was definitely my experimenting with food. 2 years ago, I was completely content with Olive Garden, Wingers Wings, and Los Hermanos Americanized Mexican food. I told myself that I would never turn down the opportunity to try something new. When I went to a new restaurant I would try to order something I had not had before. My resolution was to try anything once. It was a bit of work. Thai food was no problem, love it! Moroccan was close enough to Arab and Lebanese that it wasn’t really a stretch for me. Other things have come and gone, some I liked some I didn’t. But the big hurdle was Sushi. I had to get it past my brain, but now I love it and can’t wait till my big brother Ralph comes to visit!

For some reason today I noticed how much my eating habits have changed. I was working through lunch anyway, but the guys came up and we ordered out. What did the girl from Provo order? Indian Food. The girl who refused to even TRY the Bombay House back home is in love with Indian spices…

See how much we miss when we are afraid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bombay House is a family tradition for us. My father knows the owners, who are also most of the staff. Many family gatherings have been held there. It was a nice surprise to read about it on your blog.

Sheila H.

Rae said...

That is too cool....My Best friend's family lives next door to the owners. They love the Bombay house but says that the cooking is not half as good as the cooking in thier home. :)