GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Sunday, January 14

Everything is a little Blurry

Have you ever reached that point where you have pushed to far? I hit that point somewhere…and I missed it. It was probably sometime yesterday that got masked with a sugar/cherry coke high.

Did you know that Dairy Queen will make a coke float? Well they do…or they thought Amber was cute and decided to do her a favor…either way I got what I wanted last night.

Anyway back to the point…by the time I got home last night and crawled into bed, my mind was clicking and would not shut down. It drove me crazy until I finally gave in and decided to read. Nothing helpful, of course, it was a murder mystery. Unfortunately, by the time the caffeine had subsided and my mind had quieted I had past the point of no return. Exhaustion took over and I was out until about 1:30 this afternoon. I vaguely remember Regina coming in and asking me if I was going to church. I must have said no, I sure hope I was nice about it. At 1:30 Mel’s truck was arriving and I hurriedly threw on some clothes so I could help move her things in. There were 6 of us working together and it only took about 30 to 45 minutes. Unfortunately, by the time we were done, my eyes wouldn’t focus and I was starting to mix up my words. I crashed again and have just gotten up to an empty house.

So here I sit at 7 pm,recognizing the fact that there was a lot that was supposed to be done today. I have yet to unpack my clothes. They still sit in boxes scattered in my room. I have to figure out my bus schedule for the next week. I have to go shopping sometime this week for necessities (no matter how much I would like to, a girl cannot live on homemade popcorn and dried fruit). I have not put much thought into how I am going to get my couch and bookshelves from the Leeland house to the Chapman house. I am working B & N Mon, Fri, and Sat this week. I have a new hire starting on Wed. I am helping Jen Move in on Tues. I have to find someone to cover my B & N shift for the 26th for the trip to Williamsburg. (Boo you are coming to that right?) And I have not even started on my work for the volunteers for the 10K Race for the George Washington Birthday Celebration. The worst part is I have been up for less then 30 minutes and all I want to do is go to bed. I need to find a way to decrease stress and increase sleep per night. That way I am not always crashing. Anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Boo said...

First I LOVE this photo. It is amazing. Second I totally want to go to Williamsburg. I think you Kate, Nicole and I should room together. We will coordinate this week.

Bunny said...

RAE! I miss you! We need to hang out! I think I have a friend in your ward, actually, maybe I'll force you to go with me there this week ;-)