GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Thursday, January 18

To be or not to be.....

Apparently, I spend too much time trying to understand the world around me. I think I should give it up....

Hamlet
Hark, Ye scored 52!

Ahh, You are Hamlet, the protagonist from, duh, Shakespeare's Hamlet. You have an inherent need to wax philosophical and figure out everything... no matter how painstaking that process may be. You need to plow through all sorts of thoughts before you make a decision, and normally, you waste way too much energy in doing so.


Link: The Shakespearian Character Test written by LoudmouthLee on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test


Thanks Kuri for cluing me in on this test....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be or not to be, that is the question . . .

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them?

To die . . .
To sleep no more . . .

And by a sleep to say we end the heartache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to . . .

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished!

To die . . .
To sleep . . .
To sleep, perchance to dream . . .

Aye, there is the rub -
For in that sleep of death,
what dreams may come . . .

Well - you get the point . . . it's something that's been stuck in my head for a long time.

I remember someone I worked with who used to go around quoting that whole damn thing at the drop of a hat. I used to think it was kind of silly - (just like I thought he was) - but I was impressed and so I decided to memorize it too, along with some other literary gems. I thought it might allow me to be as well-liked as it seemed he was by everyone at work . . .

especially by this one girl . . .

a girl with great hair who would hide it under baseball caps . . .

Anyhow . . .

Pretty shallow and immature way of thinking, I know . . . to think that charm and intellect and intelligence are things you could just "get" by going through the motions. You either have them . . . or, like in my case, you don't.

Needless to say, I never really got my chance to impress anyone there anyway . . .

Not that it would have worked, though, looking back in hind-sight . . .
I don't think there would have been much of a comparison.

And though it means nothing to admit it now . . . I used to be rather jealous of the whole situation.

Anyway . . . sorry for the digression here to anyone else who may be reading . . .

It's just so ironic to have come across this blog page a few weeks ago . . . then see the entry for today . . . and put it all into perspective with what happened to me this morning at my new, 2-day-old job.

I wonder how you would have reacted . . .