GRADUATION!! (Grad School)

Thursday, January 4

Have you ever tried..........

I am currently reading the book The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I find it to be well written and enjoyable. I was intrigued when I read about August and Lily's favorite drink. I have never thought to add peanuts to Coke. It sounds like something I would enjoy. A touch of salty added to the sugar sweet of Coke. Today I think I will be adding nuts to my afternoon caffeine fix (Cherry Coke of course). Have any of you tried it? Is it any good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah . . . the peanuts in cola thing . . . that's an ol' southern delicacy. Matter of fact, that was Roscoe's drink of choice on the Dukes of Hazzard. Pretty weird if you ask me - not being from the South - but I tried it. Had better, though. Must be something you have to grow-up with to really appreciate. By the way, whatever happened to the "Maverick Special" . . . Dr.-Cherry-Mountain-Coke-Pepper-Dew???

Boo said...

Duh, did that all through my childhood. Sometimes I still do.